Thursday, October 23, 2008

"COWBOY TAKE ME AWAY!"

OK THIS IS A RANDOM POST, BUT TONIGHT I WENT TO A GOLF BANQUET WITH MY HUSBAND AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW...AN OLD BUDDY FROM RICKS COLLEGE WAS THERE. JUST WONDERING IF THE WORDS... "COWBOY TAKE ME AWAY!" BRING BACK ANY MEMORIES. IF YOU LIVED IN PERKINS YOU MIGHT REMEMBER OUR BRITTNEY SPEARS SING ALONG TO LANCE TAYLOR OR YOU MAY EVEN REMEMBER K "SWISS"(SAY THAT SEDUCTIVELY) OR MAYBE EVEN BO "DOG" BUT OF COURSE THIS WAS THE COWBOY THAT BROUGHT THE DIXIE CHICKS SONG TO LIFE! THOSE WERE THE DAYS. GOT TO LOVE RICKS!
LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW WHO THE FRIEND I RAN INTO WAS! :)

9 comments:

Bree said...

Holy cow, I totally remember LOVING that song and I got the CD for my bday when I lived at Perkins. Didn't we lay on the floor listening to it over and over? Maybe that was just with my roommates, I can't remember. Anyway--good times!! So who did you run into???

Ashlee and Shane said...

Ohhhhhh memories....I am not sure though! B/c i have such a horrible memory i can't think of who it might be!

mamateena said...

Don't have any idea since I didn't go to Ricks, but I love that song and the Dixie Chicks in general!

Amanda said...

OHHHHH!!!!!! I totally know who you are talking about and I am giggling right now!!! good times!

It was so nice to see you at church and to sit by you! We had a fun little chat about this "cowboy".

Good times...ROOMY!

Caryn said...

What? Am I the only one that remembers or something? It was Kyle!! (but I can't remember his last name)!! Too funny. So the cowboy is a golfer? Who knew.

Bingham fam said...

Caryn, actually his wife is the golfer She works for the Utah golf association. and she is expecting twins. COOL!

Amanda said...

this is like a Perkins Hall #114 reunion...Where is Mony!?!?!

Amanda said...

PS-I love how you have "cowboy take me away" playing as your only song. What about Brittany Spears? come on now!

Leah said...

You are so funny! I want to hear more.