Thursday, October 9, 2008

Motherhood is not for WIMPS!

Ok, YOu have all heard the saying Motherhood is not for WIMPS. Right?! SO WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE??? Sometimes I feel like this...
The days can be rough and my three year old loves to make the most mischief possible! She is too smart for her own good and for my sanity as well! Sometimes I find myself singing the words to a song my mother made up when I was little...
WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO SEE YOUR MOTHER IN A LOONEY BIN?
WHERE YOU COULD GO FOR A LITTLE RIDE AND SEE HER NOW AND THEN,
HOW LOVELY SHE'D LOOK ALL DRESSED IN WHITE WITH HER ARMS ALL STRAPpED DOWN TIGHT,
IN A ROOM THAT'S PINK AND PADDED WITH HER HAIR SO NICELY RATTED.
oh those were the days... when my mother was going CRAZY and not me!!
I hate to admit it because by telling this story you will all know what a TERRIBLE MOTHER I AM!!! Katelin won't go to Nursery by herself as soon as Clay or I try to leave she throws horrible fit and She screams and yells. To top it off she learned a new word so a couple sundays ago I shut the door to try to escape and immediately I heard her began her trantrum... " You piss me off, you piss me off" Yes, she really said that and I was totally embarrised. I looked in the little window and could see all the leaders look at each other in Shock and mouth something to the effect of... " did she say what I think she said?" I love my little Katelin, but she is definately a hand full! Clay put it this way... " She is lot of fun, but sometimes, fun is a lot of work!" Last time we went to church we bribed Katlin like crazy to get her to go to nursery and through some great miracle she went and without using any profain language might I add. But she has been soaking it for all it is worth ever since. I can't tell you how many times In the last 2 weeks I have heard the words "Please! I been good at nursery!" Ok, now that I have complained a little about how hard it is being a mother! There is nothing like it in the world. I know that I am truely blessed to be a mother. Yes, there are those days when I am going crazy and then there are the wonderful days when my children are angels and Katelin say things like "I lub you so much mommy" Or all the times she make me laugh at the funny things she says and does or makes me tear up at the sweet, profound comments she make. I loved the talk at conference by Pres. Monson where he said... "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." I have to admit I don't alway love those little finger prints every where, but I am going to try harder to "FIND JOY IN THE JOURNEY NOW" and enjoy moments like these...



12 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

Oh my heavens...i totally understand and the last thing i can see you being is a bad mom! gosh! I think all of us have had our kids say something like that or will experience it soon! :) Motherhood is hard. We mothers don't get enough credit i think. :) They say that if we had a salary that we would make like 250,000 dollars a year...? Something like that. It's funny how something so hard can bring so much joy though, like you said. :)

Amanda said...

She sounds hilarious! haha. I'm laughing. sorry!

That quote by Pres. Monson is so true! There is a country song that has that same message "You're gonna miss this". When things are rough, I just try and remember that someday, I am going to miss the craziness!

Your kids are too cute!

BuNksJuNk said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny! Shame on Clay for teaching her such words! (Just kidding Clay!)

My mom always tells me that the only people who judge you by what your kids do are the ones whose kids haven't done it...YET! So don't feel bad.

T is such a handsome little guy and of course K is adorable.

It's getting cold up there...does that mean you'll be coming down soon for golf? I hope so!

We miss you. -The Bunks

Hales Family said...

Yay! I love the nursery story!! "You piss me off" That is a great day for everyone!! So funny!! I can't wait for nursery, Ryder has one more month until the blessed age of 18 months. I am sure he will throw fits too! Your kids are darling!

Andrea said...

LOL!! The nursery story is way to funny! I loved Pres. Monsons talk! It hit home to me as well. Hope you guy's are doing well!

Camille said...

I love that song that your mom used to sing! It should be the theme song for motherhood! Love it!

Bree said...

Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one. It's surely the bitter and the sweet, huh! Some days you just can't deal with it one more second, and the next day you are on cloud nine loving every moment! I loved that talk/quote from Pres. Monson too. Sure helps you keep things in perspective and to enjoy it more....even if you feel like pulling your hair out! :) Hope nursery went well today! You're awesome Kristy!!!

B +E + L said...

I love it. I think motherhood is so easy right now. All I have to do is feed him, keep him clean and warm and of course love him to pieces. It is the whole parenting thing that scares me to death. You have the right attitude, take it in stride.

Caryn said...

I'm sure glad that you admitted all that. It made me feel a little more normal. I love your family!

Leah said...

I'm laughing my head off.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I can't stop chuckling.

Our garage door works! Thanks for being so flexible. Did you get your house clean?

See you Thursday. Can't wait! :)

Kari said...

Ben and I laughed our head off at the "you piss me off!" Sorry to have a chuckle at your expense.
You do have some gorgeous kiddos though!

mom said...

Oh, sweet Kristy.
I can remember going to your house when you were about K's age, and you little girls would get up way early and "make" your own breakfast. You were very bright AND very independent--which meant that there was dry cereal (in about 5 varieties), milk, and sugar ALL over the place.
I was always amazed at your mom's calm demeanor as she squished and crunched her way across the kitchen, looking for the broom.
I remember that at one point your mom found that the best way not to get stressed about kids' messes was to take a picture, just to laugh at later on.
Now we look at the pictures and have such sweet memories of days gone by.
Aunt Chris