Monday, September 8, 2008

Somewhere My Love



I just want to say Thanks to all of you for the kindness, love and support shown to me and my family for the loss of my Sweet Grandpa. I really appreciated it. His funeral was beautiful and everything went really well. It has been hard getting used to the idea that he is really gone. I know he was 84 and that's old, but it is still so hard to loose someone you love. It has been weird for Katelin. She doesn't really understand, but she knows something is different. One day she told my Father in law over the phone. "My mommy's praga (grandpa) died and thats why she is sad and has been crying." And at the the viewing/funeral she kept wanting to see grandpa and so I took her to my dad and she said "NO The other Praga!" She really loved my Grandpa and I love the picture at the top of this post. One day we went to visit my grandparents and Grandpa was out mowing his lawn (something he loved to do) and he lifted Katelin up on his lap and took her for a ride. I actually just had my phone and snapped a picture because it was such a fun moment. I really hope that my little Katelin can remember my Grandpa. At the funeral my Aunt Teena played "Somewhere My love" It was beautiful. Grandpa always loved that song and I remember this little music box that my great grandma had that sang that song and had little birds flying on it. As I have been trying to think of ways for my little children to be able to remember grandpa I decided I wanted to be able to sing that song to them as a lullaby so I looked up the lyrics, They are beautiful and very fitting and this how it goes....
Somewhere my love, there will be songs to sing.
Although the snow, covers the hope of spring.
Somewhere a hill, blossoms in green and gold.
And there are dreams all that your heart can hold.
Someday we'll meet again my love.
Someday whenever the spring breaks through.
You'll come to me, out of the long-ago.
Warm as the wind, soft as the kiss of snow.
Till than my sweet, think of me now and then.
God's speed my love, till you are mine again.

7 comments:

mamateena said...

Dad lives on, through you, through Katelyn, and through the memories you share with her. I think that is a wonderful idea, to sing her that song.
Love, love, love,
Aunt Teena

Hales Family said...

So sorry about your Grandpa. That song is so sweet. The lyrics are really beautiful. What a great way to remember your Grandpa.

bigtallhorses said...

Kristy you are so sweet I have an idea call me if you want to chat.
kristine

Ashlee and Shane said...

Aahh, that brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry you lost your grandpa. That is hard. Hope you are doing fine.

Marie said...

Im sorry to hear about your Grandpa. What a beautiful song! If you ever need anything-a drive and a coke or someone to watch the kids, let me know. =)

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry about the lose of your grandpa. that is so sad. It is comforting to know that we will be with our loved ones again.

I hope you can find comfort in that thought.

I love the picture of Katelin. Too cute!

Andrea said...

That is a fun picture of katlin and grandpa and grandma! Hope you are doing well!!!