
There is something special about GRANDPA’S I see it now with my little girl as she hugs and loves her grandpa’s. She has them wrapped around her little finger and she loves them more then anybody else. It is “PRAGA” this and “PRAGA” that. (that is how she says grandpa) I know exactly how my little Katelin feels about her grandpa’s because I feel that way about mine. My Grandpa was EXTRA SPECIAL!!! I have loved this man my whole life. He was wrapped around my little finger from the beginning and I was wrapped around his. He would take me on horse rides, hug me all the time, and call me “Kris”. I always new he loved me and he was proud of me. He never missed an important event in my life of course he was there for my graduations, and my wedding. But He went to every ball game (even if it was in LasVegas) cross country race, dance concert, choir concert. He and my Grandma have been my biggest Fans! I remember my teammate telling me how lucky I was to have such wonderful Grandparents, How they wished their Grandparents would come to there games too. He has always been there for me. He would rescue me when I would need a ride or when I was a stupid 16 year old who ran out of gas, he was the one that came and saved me. We had so many great memories together. I thank my Father in heaven for that, because Today my Grandpa passed away. My heart is broken, I am really sad. I will miss this man so much. But WOW he was 84 and had one heck of a ride. My grandpa, was in WWII and he married the prettiest girl, he had 4 kids, 23 grand kids and something like 50 great grand kids and plenty more to come so he is not even close to done with that one. He had a great, happy life and he knew it. He was ready to go, but I think he would have rather stayed a little longer to see Daniel play football. I have been one of the luckiest girls in the world to have the grandpa I had. And I was his FAVORITE!:)He has taught me to love and to place my family first. I will be a wonderful Grandma because I will be just like him and make sure my grand kids know they are loved. It is hard to say goodbye and know I can’t see him now. But I am so thankful that I believe in Jesus Christ and that he was resurrected and because of him, I know that one day I will see my Grandpa again. I have no doubt in my mind that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. I can see it as clear as anything. I will be with my grandpa again, He will hug me as tight as ever and call me Kris! It is hard to think I won’t be able to hear his voice or see his face now, but until we meet again… I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!! 

THIS ISN'T IT
9 years ago



13 comments:
Oh sweetie!! My heart is broken too. He was such an all around good man. I never really knew any of my grandpas or lived near one while he was alive. I sort of adopted them as my grandparents. I LOVE that picture of the two of you together. He will be so missed here in this life, but like you I know we will see him again :)
Ok, that made me bawl! So sorry to hear about your grandpa, but I'm so glad you had such a close relationship with him...that's special. Good luck in the next few days...
Thanks for writing that about grandpa! I have those same memories of him. What a great example he was to us! The BEST grandpa in the world!! He will be missed but we will see him again to give and recieve those hug's!
kristy, you have such an awesome family. your grandpa sounds like such a wonderful person, I think 'wonderful' runs in your family :) love you.
Oh Kristy, I'm so sorry. At least we all kind of knew he was on his way out. Is your dad doing okay? When is the funeral? Call me if you want me to come down and watch the kiddos. I've got nothing to do this week.
P.S. This is Leah... but Garrit also sends his condolences.
Wow, Kristy, that was such a sweet post! I'm definitely choked up. Your grandpa sounds like an amazing man and example!! Thank you for your testimony, we really are so lucky to truly KNOW that we will be together again!
The best grandpa in the world! We will all miss him. Thank goodness we know we will see him again!
Love, Jamie
He really was a great man and has left an incredible legacy in all you wonderful kids. Love, Aunt Chris
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. What a great guy! And what a blessing to have spent so much time together. Much love to your family!
BTW~Did you write the song for Girl's Camp?
Kristy,
I'm so sorry. What a wonderful man.
All my love,
Sarah
Nice post Kristy. Love those pictures. Thank you for being such a wonderful grand daughter and bringing your kids to see mom and dad. That is what he loved.
I made it through the night last night with out crying, so things are looking up. Man I miss him so much.
Now, it's Mom that really needs us.
Spencer said " I can't imagine being with out Barbara and we've only been together for such a short time, imagine how hard it will be for Grandma."
Love ya Kris
I am kind of slow, but thanks for the comments about grandpa. It makes it easier to go through these things when I have good family like you! He was the best!
It was great to read about your grandpa and the love that you felt for him. I am sorry for your loss and I am also thankful for eternal families and that it is not the end, but only the beginning. Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment