Friday, September 28, 2007

HIDDEN BEAUTY!!

As some of you know, Clay and I bought his Grandparents old house in March. We just love it and think it is such a cute little house. However there was one thing that I just couldn't get over... When you first enter our house there is this big beautiful room, but it has the most "unusual" green carpet you have ever seen. I am sure that color carpet would have been popular in it's day, but well it wasn't working for me. I tried everything that I could think of to make it look like I did it on purpose, I got a really big rug that kind of went with the color and then I accented the room with pillows that matched,


BUT I COULD NEVER LOVE IT!!!!
I realized there was wood floor under the carpet, but I didn't know what kind of shape it was in. So One day when Clay wasn't home to stop me, I pulled up all this UGLY green and discovered the most beautiful hard wood floor!!! It has taken a while but this week Clay and I just finished refinishing our floor!!!!

OK THIS IS BEFORE...



AND NOW!!!!





What do you think? Is it an improvement?
WELL I LOVE IT!
Now I can't wait to put my new furniture in it!






8 comments:

Schmath said...

Holy cow! That is so lucky.

Camille said...

It is absolutely beautiful! You'll have to post a picture with all of the furniture placed! It is gorgeous!

Bingham fam said...

Cami,
I should get your help decorating it. I don't think it will ever look as pretty as your house. I bought a new couch and I also bought some book case type things to go on either side of the fire place. If you have any Ideas let me know.

zippy said...

Wow, those floors are gorgeous--you guys did such a nice job refinishing them!! What a lucky find too.

Court and Jill said...

Yay! Good job! It looks great! How was all that sanding??? What a pain in the bootie but it looks like it was well worth it!

Leah said...

Sigh. I'm so jealous! If only I had beautiful hardwood under my ugly blue carpet. I can't wait to see it!

Ashlee said...

kristy you really lucked out, that floor is gorgeous! isn't decorating so fun!

Bree said...

Wow! I'm sure that was a TON of work, but it is gorgeous!! Way to go!