Monday, July 21, 2008

LET'S PLAY

I think this is fun and EVERYBODY is doing it, so lets join the crowd!
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together (Kristy, Clay or both). It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you! Reminisce away...

17 comments:

zippy said...

I will always remember coming down to your mom and dad's for Sunday dinners and General Conference. I remember thinking what a FUN gal you were...so-o spunky!! I also remember thinking when I first met you (and I actually still think this) that you were (are) such a GORGEOUS woman!! You sure come from a great looking gene pool! : )

Having all you gals at the Lookout House babysit M when he was a baby was great--we had awesome babysitter that had he had fun with, plus we got to see you all regularly! : ) Too bad we don't live closer now, I think our Li'l J would have tons of fun playing with your cute K!

Kristi said...

Oh, Kristy! I too obviously have a lot of memories from basketball! I remember that you were such a scrapper. You out hustled everyone! And thankgoodness I can correct you that it was Krissy Vest and not me that killed your tooth! Anyway, thanks for always being someone I could look up to!

Court and Jill said...

"We wrote a song, so we didn't have to take a test. We think that Kami's Hanson's class is the very best..."

"External Occipital Protuberance...NOT A NERVE!!!"

Darn...I can't remember any more lines...I can't even remember the chorus...but this is by far my most vivid memory of the very talented guitarist/vocalist/hygienist, KRISTY (then TERVORT!!!)

bigtallhorses said...

I was thinking that hygiene song too Kristy and when we had to do those songs was it for Francis' class? that you and Kevin were sooo funny...and studying for boards yeck!

Leah said...

How can I play this game? There are so many memories, my dear Bootsie... of you and of Gay.

Bree said...

So many fun memories to choose from! You made my 1st year at Ricks wonderful!! The first day I met you I was just hoping we could be friends because you were so cute and so friendly! Remember our workout group, the Rixie Chicks? Haha...I don't think we ever even worked out!! I remember good times at the new Honk's 99 (which changed to Honks $1, then $1.05 and is now out of business!!) Who could forget Supermodel Documentary Hour, our wonderful house at 145 College Ave, watching Friends, Tetris competitions, watching the Wedding Planner 3 times a day for a week (remember how bad Trisha hated it!), dressing up as hot 80s girls for the ward Halloween party, the buddy dance when we dressed up as old people...hahaha!! So much fun together! Thanks for the memories Kristy!

Amanda said...

um....Where do I start!?!?!

I remember when I met you for the first time....me, a california girl stuck with all utah roommates...what are the odds?! I was nervous, but seriously, that first year at Ricks was the best ever. We had some slammin' good times! I love it!

I think that you and I did the most crazy things! dressing up as 80's girls. I still have that picture. I looked at it the other day. It makes me laugh! We had it going on!!!!

-Or...when we did our brittney spears diet. WOW. What would brittney do? haha

-Your lame alarm clock that you and Caryn had. that thing was a piece! It had a mind of it's own.

-When you first became an Aunt! I remember your Mom calling! How exciting!

and..what can I say...you burned rice our first weekend there and we wreeked at the dance. good times! What about the artichoke you burned! YUCK!

We had some great times! I love you like a sister! we were always doing something fun! I know we were put together as roommates for a reason. I'm glad we are still in contact! You are so fun and I love seeing your family!

Bree said...

Holy Cow, Kristy, how could I forget Ricks College: The Real World? hahahaha

Amanda said...

I'm totally laughing right now at your comment on my blog. Lance Taylor, we thought he was such a hot guy! hahaha, he was such a nerd. we were so funny!

I don't remember how Caryn used to lock me out....sounds funny though! I am trying to remember! I love how people remember things that I don't! That is so fun!

Remember our "lingerie" dance? When we went and danced for all the engaged girls in our thermals and our cheesy wal-mart lingerie (no offense to walmart lingerie...they have some smokin' deals). How fun!

Remember when we moved our beds into your room for the last night in our dorm? That was great! Or when we would stay up all night for clean checks!

good times!!!!

Miss ya girl! I need to call you when I am down there again. I would love to see you!

Camille said...

I remember the first time I met you. It was BYU's spring fling or something. We met up with you and you had Brandon and I put this gel stuff in our mouths and it turned out to be numbing gel from dental school. I remember being intimidated by you because you were (and still are) so beautiful! You cleaned my teeth a couple times too while you were in school too!

Blair and Cindy said...

There are so many memories...and I'm sure Blair has a way better one than this one. :)
But one of them is when we went to Flaming Gorge (before we had kids-what was that like!?) and went rafting down the river. We camped at one of the campgrounds and we were sitting around the fire talking and I can't remember exactly what happened, but Clay burned his hand on the fire pit or something. Then later on, he went to pick up the lantern and the handle had been sitting against the lighted part, which was the hottest part, and he burned his hand again. Twice in one trip, the poor guy!

Jen said...

I remember very well you and me working at Maceys together, definitely fun times! I also remember the very first time I met you, it was in the parking lot of Maceys before I worked there with you. I remember thinking how pretty you were and thinking, what an awesome girl. I also remember thinking that JR should take you out, hahaha, I just wanted a cool sister in-law!
I am really glad that we have stayed friends even though we live so far away. We sure miss you guys.
I also remember when Clay shared his story at our wedding and I thought Ray was going to die. Although our husbands did some crazy egging hits, they sure turned out GREAT! I am grateful that Ray had Clay as a friend in high school, I know from stories and the way Ray talks about him that he is such a wonderful uplifting friend. Hope we see you guys soon.
Jen

Erin said...

1st year clinic...best pod ever!!

Anonymous said...

Remember the time when I tied you to the door knob by your underwear and hooked them to your ankles so that every time you tried to open the bedroom door and escape . . .they came down a little further. he he. Sorry for all the torture growing up little sis! But I remember that you were laughing pretty good at the time.

Bingham fam said...

JAMIE,
I also remember the times that you would do type writer type writer say ding. ON my HEAD! RUDE! BUT hey I am sure I deserved it since I also remember how I found a drawing of a wedding picture of you and Jody Benson in my piano notebook. I can remember the joy I felt in finding that at piano lessons, because I knew how much I would bug you when I got home. I am sure I was the BEST little sister ever!!!

Kaylee said...

do you remeber when I throw up at you wedding dinner?

Anonymous said...

kristi
It's Christina (Nathan's wife(your cousin nathan)) I found you through Mel's blog!! I have a blog too.

While I am not going to play the game I remember when we played basketball together in SF and I forgot my shoes so I borrowed a pair of yours!! Ha Ha Who forgets their shoes to a game :) I am such a nerd!!