So It is official... KATELIN IS POTTY TRAINED!!! Yeah KATELIN!
This has been an adventure, but We are there. Back in January we tried the potty training thing and she was doing great, but It didn't last. We went to Disneyland and when we got back she wanted nothing to do with the potty chair. Anyway we decided to give it another try. It all started the week of the 4th of July we were going to go to my parents cabin. They have a pool there that won't let you go swimming if you aren't potty trained, so we had to work on it. I put her in her panties and gave it a go... She had some accidents, but according to ELMO... "Accidents happen, That what they say. Accidents happen, night or day." :) Basically for that first little while I had to drag her to the potty every so often, but then she had an accident and she started to cry and said "I want my diaper." That's when I knew, she new what she was doing and there was no going back. We started giving her Popsicles when she was on the potty and books. We even put the dvd player in the bathroom so she could watch Elmo's potty time when she was on the toilet. I Want to give a BIG THANKS to Jill for the advise about leaving them in their underwear and not putting the diaper back on. I think that was the key! And thanks to Kristine for the pee pee and poo poo dances that was fun! Anyway it worked. The sad thing is I got deathly sick down at the cabin and we had to go home before we could take her swimming, but as you can see we made it up to her and took her to the Pool at home! Good job Katelin Mama is so proud of you!!! 



P.S. CONGRATS to BRYCE and BRAXTON my two nephews who also just joined the potty chair club! I am so proud of you!!




8 comments:
Is there anything better! you look so great Kristy! Congrats!!!
Oh Kristy good job!! And Katelin too of course, but I hope you ate as many treats and got as many rewards as she did because it is hard work!!! I'm glad you hung in there and that it finally clicked. We love the Elmo potty movie too!! Didn't you just crack up while watching it? Kinda funny...and yes Kristine's potty dance was hilarious! Great job! Hope you're recovering well from the sickness at the cabin. What a bummer!
Awesome! I'm so jealous.
And speaking of swimming, I have a 10-punch pass to the new Payson pool. Anyone want to go? We could have a cousin party.
Good for you Katelin (and Kristy)!! We're gonna have to give the Elmo potty movie a try. Li'l J is more than ready, he's just stubborn! I really wanted him to be out of diapers BEFORE the new baby arrives, but it looks like we'll give it a rest until after she's born and he's had a chance to adapt to having her around.
Yay for you! Only one in diapers now... Your kids are the cutest. I have heard of the Elmo potty movie. Sounds like it is good! Congrats on the successful potty training!
First of all you look GREAT! And second CONGRATS on the potty training! It is so nice to have potty trained kids!
Good work Kristy! I'll be looking for tips this winter.
Yay for Katelin! I am SO not looking forward to potty training...goof thing I've got a little while. I'll definitely be needing advice when I get there though!!
Post a Comment